EVENT REQUEST FORM AND GUIDELINES FOR FACILITY USE
Thomas Dunn Learning Center (TDLC) assists the St. Louis Region by supporting activities that are compatible with our mission. To facilitate and provide for the use and care of the building, grounds, and equipment, the following guidelines have been established.
3113 Gasconade Street, St. Louis, MO 63118, 314.353.3050, www.tdunn.org
- Review and agree to the following rules for building use.
- Submit this form at least 2 weeks prior to the event date.
- For one-time use, complete this form and TDLC staff will review it for approval within 3 business days.
- To be an ongoing partner that offers regularly scheduled classes or programs, complete a formal Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between your non-profit organization and TDLC.
Starting on September 1, 2019, TDLC will begin requiring organizations that do not have an MOU to pay a nominal fee for use of the building.
Please note that the TDLC will not grant access to the building before 9am, after 6pm, or on a Saturday or Sunday without advance approval.
“Facilities Use Guidelines” for TDLC
Read all rules/procedures:
- We are a not-for-profit organization or
- We will not charge a fee for our event without notifying TDLC.
- The event will not be used to fund raise or generate a profit for myself, my group, or my business.
- We will not allow small children without proportional supervision and know that TDLC has no child care space.We will arrive no earlier than the approved time and will leave no later than the approved time.
- We understand that we are responsible for setting up the tables and chairs ourselves.We will leave the space fully cleaned, following the checklist provided by TDLC.
- We will adhere to the Sustainability Initiative of TDLC, including: using recycling bins and NOT bringing styrofoam or bottled water onto the premesis.
- There will be no smoking, alcoholic beverages, firearms, or any other weapon in the building or on the grounds. (Exceptions may be made for serving alcohol if arranged ahead of time.)
- We will not play loud or inappropriate music or videos while other groups or individuals are in the building.
- We will treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- We will compensate TDLC according to our budget, trade, or MOU arrangements.
- We agree to notify TDLC immediately if we need to cancel our event.
- We understand that the Thomas Dunn Learning Center reserves the right to deny the use of our facilities at any time.
- Make sure that the facilities are set-up for the activities (TDLC staff are not responsible for set up).
- Be responsible and certain that all of TDLC’s guidelines are being followed.
- Direct people in the proper disposal of waste (recycling, compost, trash). If uncertain, please ask.
- Ensure that the facility is cleaned and returned to its original condition, unless otherwise noted.
- Check in with TDLC before leaving the building to make sure that the space has been properly cleaned and borrowed equipment has been returned.
- Arrange payment or barter for the use of the facilities.
- Communicate with TDLC in the event of any changes or cancellations. Be responsive to all communications coming from the TDLC.
Submit Your Event
Become Our Friend
We are always seeking opportunities to grow in new ways. If you have a specific idea for a class, lecture, or program, and need a space for it, let us know about your idea! If we think it’s promising, we’ll schedule a meeting to talk more about the details. We love participating in anything that will further the health of our community.
We partner with a number of individuals and organizations to offer classes and programs, including St. Louis Community College and the University of Missouri St. Louis Extension. In addition, the organizations in our Business Incubator Program contribute to our programming. They are a vital part of our community and help further Thomas Dunn’s vision.
REGISTER YOUR EVENT WITH US!