Technology Lending Library
Thomas Dunn Learning Center has a limited number of tablets (30) and laptops (4) that we are able to loan for a period of 1 or more months, depending on availability. The tablets are equipped with unlimited data and have a front-facing camera. The laptops are not equipped with data and do not have a camera.
We will review your request to determine your eligibility and contact you about the availability of the devices.
In order to be eligible for ANY device, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Sign and agree to a Technology Loan Agreement.
In order to be eligible for a tablet, you must:
- Have an income at or below 80% of the median household income for the area.
- Have been adversely affected by COVID-19.
- Complete two required courses at TDLC that will provide you with an overview of financial empowerment and career readiness. They are offered every Monday and Wednesday throughout 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Because of funding associated with the tablets, you will only be able to use them for 1 month (or 30 days). After 30 days, you will be required to return the tablet. Depending on availability, you may be able to check another device out at that time or soon afterward.
- Laptops will be rented out on an as-needed basis with priority given to our current HiSET students.
- All technology rented from Thomas Dunn Learning Center is AT NO COST to you.
- TDLC may request compensation for damaged devices or those that are not returned.
- You must attend at least one Money Monday class, offered weekly on Mondays from 4pm to 6pm.
- You must attend at least one Career Readiness class, offered weekly on Wednesdays from 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
- You must complete pre and post surveys for each class.
- These classes are required by the federal government through the terms of the grant that purchased the tablets.