Adult Education & HiSET
Thomas Dunn Learning Center's HiSET Prep Program is designed to meet the needs of those who did not finish high school but need state-issued high school equivalency credentials. HiSET stands for High School Equivalency Test. It is the test chosen by the State of Missouri to allow adults to earn their high school diploma. It is similar to the GED that Missouri used to offer and is used in other states. Attainment allows an individual to move forward in a chosen career field, join the military, begin a training program, or continue their education on a post-secondary level.
Frequently Asked Questions
To qualify for our HiSET program, individuals must:
- Not be enrolled or have graduated from high school
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be a resident of Missouri
- Instruction is FREE.
- There is a fee for exams, however Thomas Dunn Learning Center offers scholarships to cover testing fees for those who stay in program and continue to make progress.
To enroll in our program, individuals must:
- Register by meeting with our Director of Education
- Schedule and take two assessment tests
- Plan an individual study timeline for success with our Director of Education
For more information, call us at (314) 353-3050.