ARCHITECTURE AND HISTORY
Thomas Dunn Learning Center was built in 1991 by Ittner and Bowersox, Inc. with natural lighting, energy conservation, and Thomas Dunn’s wishes in mind. We are an ADA-accessible facility located on the southeast corner of beautiful Marquette Park, in the Dutchtown neighborhood of St. Louis. Our building has general classrooms, a computer lab, library, art lab, training/demo kitchen, and a small auditorium.
- 1992 Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture St. Louis AIA
- 1992 Russell H. Jost Design Excellence Award
- 1994 Honor Award for Design Excellence, Central States AIA
- City of St. Louis Urban Design Award
- 2015 American Institute of Architecture
- Distinguished Building Award (this award is given to an architectural gem that has sustained the mission that it was designed for in its silver anniversary.)